Saturday, January 24, 2009

Obama reverses Bush abortion-funds policy

During his first week in office, Obama has been reversing a lot of Bush's policies, and this looks like another good choice. This action comes one day after the 36th anniversary of Roe vs Wade.

"Critics have long held that the rule unfairly discriminates against the world's poor by denying U.S. aid to groups that may be involved in abortion but also work on other aspects of reproductive health care and HIV/AIDS, leading to the closure of free and low-cost rural clinics."

Read article here.

I ought to promise to get off my family-planning soapbox and look for some other news. My original plan was to finish my novel within the next seven days. Hmm... that might get tricky, but priorities are there for a reason. Wish me luck.

No comments: