Saturday, January 17, 2009

Novel Progress

An outline is treacherous, but it takes a long time to figure out what needs to happen in advance. While it might be easier to write 'by the seat of your pants,' the outline gives a good map of what needs to happen. Unfortunately most of it has been in my head, and it can be easy to get confused between projects. Or if one project takes a long time and there are breaks, like this one.

I might yet finish by the end of the month. I'd like to. I have an idea where I might send it for publication. Have to think about rewrites, though. At least if I get it in shape this month, I have a chance to polish it by the end of the year.

Novels are such long projects. Short stories can be more fun, especially for more immediate gratification, but it's also harder to make a living that way.

No comments: