Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Permanent Birth Control

I sat in the doctor's office yesterday without pen and paper or even a book. This isn't like me, because I don't like to wait for people and not be productive while I wait. Especially doctors, even when they're on time they're behind schedule.

The odd things about looking around the office is you get to see so many advertisements for prescription drugs and there's usually a poster about domestic violence.

I found one about permanent birth control for women that requires neither general anesthesia or cutting/burning. It doesn't look reversible and blocks both fallopian tubes and still allows a woman to keep her monthly cycle (no added hormones).

Like the hormones are something we'd want to keep. I suppose it's better than the alternative, and I am glad there are better options available to make the decision to have children or not. Now if only we could get everyone to think about those options.

No comments: