Friday, December 12, 2008

Marketing

Tips to market yourself.

1. Make sure your message is clear.
The article says you have three seconds to make a lasting impression. It's written by an expert, so it's probably right.

I wonder if most of us even know the message we're exhibiting. I have a vague impression, but I'm not sure I could state it if someone actually asked me. I'm an erotica writer, so I tell stories through sex. My characters are fleshed out as much as other types of stories; I only have the difference of the innuendo or the act to set it apart from other genres. (And sometimes, I get to mix genres.)

We also know that sex sells, right? But if you look around enough, you can also find articles that while sex sells, it doesn't sell anything but sex.

That might be good enough to keep my erotica going. Now we need to promote sharing.

No comments: