Wednesday, October 5, 2011

October: Day 5

Challenge to myself this month is to prep one short story every day. So we're five days into the month and I already have prep for six short stories.

I'm not sure what came over me the one day that I had two, but I know today might have been another of those days except I got way too far into the concept and started branching into little things that would be awesome details for it.

On the other hand, if I really try to write one short story a day, I'd need to have those parts handy to just write. This story is more of a parody, but the concept is interesting enough to warrant some fun.

My list of prompts has swollen to 97, and here and there I keep scribbling things into the idea pile instead of sorting them into the short story pile.

Somehow, I'm all on top of it despite my other pending projects. It's a little surprising. The boost in creative energy is awesome. It makes me wonder if what I really need to do is keep myself challenged with little things like this all the time, or if it's something special about having a bunch of other writers also highly motivated to meet a coming deadline that is improving my productivity.

Stay tuned - I'm going to keep posting my progress throughout the next month.

No comments: