Thursday, October 20, 2011

20 Days in October Done, 11 To Go

For those of you who've stayed tuned: I have 31 story ideas in several stages of preparation. It averages to one and a half stories a day, but no day is average. I do one, or two, up to five if the ideas won't leave me alone.

And it's definitely the case at this point. Ideas are coming to me faster than I can really develop all of them at the moment. It's wonderful and terrifying. Luckily I can take notes on my phone to put in later, and I've been dragging a composition notebook around (of course it's pink with a pen to match) to record my ideas. I know I've got to look funny heading into the gym with a notebook under my arm, but sometimes there just aren't that many options. I want to write, I want to get it down, and so I haul it around with me.

Technically I could stop now, flesh out my ideas, and say my challenge has been met. But I'm going to continue until the end of the month. See what happens with the next eleven days. Of course, this day isn't over and another one might present itself to me. It's just been a lovely month that way.

Have you challenged yourself lately? What's likely to come out of that?

No comments: