Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Acceptance!

There's something beautiful about an acceptance. Sometimes you can know the story's good but not know where to put it in the many options for the markets. Sometimes you can wonder if the story's good and hope someone will think that, as well. I'm not the type to send out a piece if I don't think it has a chance.

The problem then becomes with whom to share that acceptance. Who will appreciate it like I do? Who do I feel comfortable enough to tell that some little erotica magazine thought my story was awesome? I only say little because this one isn't a big fish in the erotica market, not that it in any way lessens the honor.

If you haven't read it (and perhaps rated it) by now, please do so: "The Ice Storm" at Every Night Erotica.

One of the cool things I like about Every Night Erotica is that there's something new there every night. There's quite a range in the accepted stories and it leaves a reader wondering what to expect next - I feel that's a strength. I'm always on the lookout for new places to send stories.

No comments: